- Met with my supervisor, Dr. Phil Seddon. There were two other PhD students there and their adviser. We discussed my thoughts for my research, what my next steps are, and the meeting this week with “The Rookery”, the local penguin experts.
- Did ALOT of reading- current and past research, methodology search, books
- Signed up for campus printing
- Borrowed a book from the campus library
- Met Wilson the orange cat. He lives somewhere near Abbey. When I got home one day, he came running over to me in the parking lot. While rubbing up against my legs, I noticed he had a blue collar and purple name tag. Such a friendly cat, just wanted some pets. Gosh I miss my boys so much, Gus and Henri.
- Bought a $5 skirt, which is actually more like $3.50 in the US. Score!
- Had a relaxing weekend
- Went out to a club on Saturday with two friends. The most noticeable differences are:
- US- we wear flats, occasionally flip flops or nice shoes and dress to impress; UK- heels, very dressed up; NZ- anything but mostly trainers, boots, everyday clothes (even sweatshirts)
- Drinks are expensive
- Only acceptable forms of ID are passport, NZ driver’s license, NZ 18+ card
- McDonalds is the same
Here’s to another great week!